Friday, August 7, 2015

Flashback Friday.





















Exactly 7 months ago, I was significantly overweight- weighing the most I ever had at 221.5 pounds.

Exactly 7 months ago, I cried almost every single day. I was depressed. I was constantly anxious. I was a mess.

Exactly 7 months ago, I decided to write a blog.

Exactly 7 months ago, I was reborn into the person I was meant to be.


If you would have told me 7 months ago that I would be a Fitness Coach, I would have laughed in your face. If you would have told me I would be on my way to becoming a certified Nutritional Therapist, I would have had to lift my face out of the pizza box long enough to tell you that you were crazy. If you would have told me I would be making steps towards becoming a certified Personal Trainer, I never, ever would have believed you.

Yet here I am, 7 months later, completely taking control of my health, fitness, relationship with food, and HELPING OTHERS do the same.

On January 6, 2015 when I released my blog documenting my progress through Insanity Max 30, I never, EVER thought it would gain as much popularity as it did. I was mainly keeping the blog as a way to hold myself accountable for working out everyday. I never thought I would inspire anyone. The only thing I really ever thought was, "I bet so many people are making fun of me right now".

But I was vulnerable. I was scared for my life and my future, so I decided to air out my laundry for the world to see in a blog. I talked about my health problems, my ongoing problems with anxiety and panic disorder, and my weight. By the grace of God, it worked. I was able to lose a ton of weight and completely reshape my relationship with food. I had countless people liking/commenting on my social media posts. Countless people private messaging me, calling me, texting me- It was unbelievable. Ever single one of those links, comments, messages, etc. motivated me every single day.

I remember on January 6, 2015 when I shared that first blog post. I was laying in my bed crying, afraid to click "publish". I was afraid for the world to see how bad my life turned. Here I sit on August 7, 2015, 7 months later, crying as I write this- so happy and so thankful.

I can't begin to tell you how rewarding, fulfilling, and amazing this journey has been so far for me. As I sit here 7 months later, I feel as though I have FINALLY found my passion. I had been consumed for so many years in bad relationships, negativity, alcohol, and overeating. I woke up every day just trying to make it through the day. Now, I wake up with a purpose and with a smile on my face.

I can only hope that my journey will inspire others, anyone, to take back control of their life. It's amazing what you can accomplish with the right support in your life.

If anyone who is reading this feels they aren't getting the support they need, or needs assistance in jump starting their own journey, please email me. I would be so happy to help you.

In Health & Happiness,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment